Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Roaming With My Shows

 Long time TiVo users finally have a reason to celebrate. TiVo recently created a new DVR box called TiVo Roamio. With this box users will get even more features than were previously available. There are three different versions of the box ranging in price from $200 to $600, with $200 being the basic model. Even the basic model records four shows at one time and up to 150 hours of video. The higher priced models will record six shows at once and up to 600 hours of programming. The boxes all feature wireless capabilities. While this option is not "up and running" yet, users will be able to use their cell phones or tablets to access their TiVo Roamio boxes from any location. This feature is expected to become available within the next few months. You can also put photos, music playlists,
and apps on the DVR box
TiVo receiver with 'peanut' remote
      Why is TiVo so much better than any other DVR box on the market? Being a current user of an older model TiVo, I can tell you why. I have used every other company in my area for television service, and with this comes the obligation to use their equipment. Therefore, I have used every DVR box offered. They all seem to have the same problems. They are hard to use. The remote has more buttons than you could ever use. It's a remote, I don't want to have to take a two day course to learn how to use it. The buttons get so confusing I found myself hitting the wrong button and sometimes losing the show I was recording because of it. My biggest issue is the speed at which the box responds to the remote. If I am fast-forwarding through commercials and accidentally cut into my show, on the other hand, the TiVo box automatically goes right back to where the show came back on. On regular DVR, I could hit okay after the commercial and there is a huge delay causing me to miss the beginning of the show. Of course then I just rewind, but when I try to hit play on a regular box will go too far back and you're pretty much better off watching at least the last commercial. It's funny to think when I had a Tivo I didn't watch any live T.V. or see any commercials, unless it was the Superbowl, lol. TiVo's peanut remote I can be in complete darkness and navigate to where I need to go. Ahh the memories.... and now with  Roamio I can get my recorded shows on my phone, just makes it easier to leave the house!

 

posted by,
 
Jason Kennedy
https://twitter.com/Jkhero18


http://gcscdigmedia.blogspot.com/2013/10/long-time-tivo-users-finally-have.html




 

No comments:

Post a Comment