Monday, September 23, 2013

What I Want to See in Kingdom Hearts 3



It was announced at the E3 game convention the KH3 is now in the works, however in recent times it has been speculated that it will be some time before the game is officially released. Until then let’s speculate and dream about what this long awaited game holds.


Story

Ever since KH2 Square Enix has been pushing a number of spinoff games, Birth by Sleep, Dream Drop Distance(3D), and so on. I believe were meant to deepen the story and lead up to the long awaited third game. To that end I want this game to give the closer that Fans like myself have been waiting nearly ten years for.  Who are the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness that Master Xehanort has gathered to wage a new Keyblade War? Who are the Seven Lights that will face them?

Gameplay

When I was playing KH2 the one thing that bugged me was that all the high level bosses kept using powerful super moves and the closest thing I hand to that was the combo attacks with the partners form each world I visited. In the spinoffs super moves were added and in some cases the player could unlock new ones. One form of these super moves I want to see return is Keyblade-Morphing. First used by the Lingering Will in KH Final Mix, he was able to transform his Keyblade into various forms that could deal massive damage, like a giant cannon, a hearken-like weapon, and even a vehicle that can travel to other worlds. This skill added with the idea that each Keyblade gathered along the way will have different morphing ablities attached to them would make the Keyblades far more useful than simple statistics and one small ability.

Worlds

            Returning

Aladdin and the King of Thieves


Agrabah has been a spot on Sora’s journey from the beginning and I see no reason not why Sora and friends should not be invited Aladdin’s wedding.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest


This movie is one of my top favorites and would love go back there in KH3.

            New

Marvel

Like you didn’t see this one coming. Marvel would be awesome, and I like the idea DAVE37 posted on DeviantArt http://dave37.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-Hearts-3-Marvel-idea-197507307 .

Star Wars

Of course I want to see this one. Sora and friend fighting side-by-side with Luke and Han to destroy the Death Star.

Poasted By James T Parsons

1 comment:

  1. James, I am not a gamer but the whole fantasy world sounds fascinating! One suggestion, you might go in and edit the last line with your name you have misspelled posted :)

    ReplyDelete