Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Wonderful World of Hootsuite

I have recently begun using Hootsuite.  It is a social media communications dashboard that allows my office to store data and hyperlink on our new Twitter page.  It was developed in 2009 and can be used with the iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry or Android mobile devices. 

My exuberance with this product is the ease of use!  After five minutes of training; office staff were posting files and linking to tweets.  Did I mention that it interfaces with Twitter to post your tweet instantaneous with a short url (ow.ly).  Another popular feature is the scheduler, which allows your post to be scheduled for publication weeks in advance.


Hootsuite was chosen because government offices are mandated to respond to public records request.  This storage capacity allows users to immediately provide requested records quickly.
 
The dashboard competes with other major dashboards – Threadsy,  Myweboo, Spredfast, MediaFunnel: Collaborative, CoTweet, Seesmic, Netvibes, TweetDeck and Brizzly.  My personal favorite though is Hootsuite because I use on a daily basis and know it to be user-friendly. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you had such a good experience! Do you mind if I ask where you work? It's neat to see twitter being integrated into business life, since we spent a good portion of the semester studying social media in the advertising world.

    ReplyDelete