Friday, December 9, 2011

Sports And Social Networks

As a sports fan, I like the know the latest updates about everything from game scores to player stats and sites such as Twitter allow me to do just that. I go to school full time so i'm constantly on Twitter or Facebook trying to see what's happening in the sports world now.

Recently,the NBA resumed play after being in a lockout for nearly 4 months and free agency has opened up which means players are being signed, re-signed, or traded to new teams with new deals. Due to the rules of a lockout, players aren't allowed to communicate with owners or talk to teams about possibly signing with them but due to the late start of the season, teams have been making moves fast to acquire new talent. With social networking,you get the news first. Sometimes even before Television networks such as ESPN. With twitter, I can subscribe to the NBA's official twitter and receive updates whenever breaking news is happening in the NBA. This is great because sometimes we don't have time to sit at home and watch TV so having access to crucial info at the press of a button is fantastic.
There are many other social networks that offer sports news but I feel Twitter is the best one. On Twitter, I can follow my favorite player, my favorite team and be the first to know of any news that breaks on any given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment