Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Facebook Ruins Relationships


  1. Some of you may agree and a lot of you will not, but it is my strong belief that Facebook ruins relationships! Maybe I should not just single out Facebook, but they are one of the largest social networking sites there is. Other sites as well I believe are just as guilty in aiding in the destruction of friendships, families, marriages, jobs, and much more.
    logo-facebook.gif image by cholis_huda
    www.facebook.com
    The area I am going to focus on today will be intimate relationships. This is the area that I have had the biggest problem with detouring online -outside interference. Every relationship that I have been involved in the last ten years has had some form of interference from social media sites, particularly Facebook. I’m sure many of you share similar stories to mine as well. If it isn't messages from interested people, old girlfriends, or straight up Internet Freaks, most of our partners have interacted with these people online in some form. For some of us, this has caused problems, and for others it made for great reunions. Then there are the instances where curiosities, temptation from pictures, and smooth words that are easily written online by liars, have won the attention of our partners. Many of us have lost some important people in our lives because of this yet social networks are continuing to grow and develop daily. I’m sure they have a lot of useful, moral, and life improving benefits and I would miss many if I the lost access to the sites myself, I'm just saying! What happen to just finding a phone number in a pocket?

    Lamont Mason

 

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree that FB ruins relationships. Most people use FB the wrong way, and it has become a "LOOK AT ME" tool. But it does foster jealousy, mistrust, and backbiting. I don't do the FB thing because I have seen it first hand. Plus, FB also fosters stalkers and pediphiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry forgot to sign that last comment.

    Christopher Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree and let's all remember "the grass is not always greener on the other side" even if they said so on Facebook.
    DIG2000, Cindi Davis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that it is not Facebook that interferes with relationships; instead, it is human nature and the way we use social networking sites. Anonymity makes us “tell” things we would not do otherwise if we did not feel that “it really doesn’t matter, I’ll never meet them.” An inside joke between friends may sound very different in a couple of days when the moment has passed or the joke is pulled out of context. It is much easier to be a bully/coward when it is not done face –to-face. Things written in anger should never be posted until one has cooled off and reexamined the words. It all goes back to the adage “the pen is mightier than the sword.”

    Maryellen Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. SunnyNotimoh DIG2000October 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

    Facebook is just a communication vehicle so I find the statement "facebook ruins relationships" a bit misconcerting. Sorta like if I got ran over by a car its the cars fault and not mine or the drivers...hmmmm. It's been my limited experience that written communication is a small percent of what's written and a whole lotta percent of the reader's interpretation. And facebook creates a canyon full of crevasses for the readers interpretation. Much as I hate to admit it, I too often read from my perspective and overlay my baggage on what is put out there and it gets me whooey in trouble. So maybe let's not blame facebook and take a look introspectively at what why we are garnering with our use of facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always used to say that Facebook ruined my relationship! Obviously I know that it really was the person I was dating that enabled it to interfere with us but still, it seemed like we wouldn't have had any problems if it weren't for Facebook or other social networks. Personally I use it to connect with current and friends from the past that I never get to see, but it irks me to see it used like a dating website. I eventually was able to take responsibility and realize that I was dating someone who had a weak enough mind to abuse the use of Facebook along with my trust, so it's not as bad as I used to think it was. Me and Facebook still have a love/hate relationship, though! haha

    Shannon Pitt, DIG2000

    ReplyDelete