Wednesday, September 24, 2014

video games are awesome! By: Devan B.

There is so many reasons why video games are awesome in todays world. The technology we posses is making gaming all the more greater. The reasons people love games though is its stress relieving, fun with friends, and a nice way to be competitive with other people.
The reason why games are so stress relieving is simply cause it allows the person under stress to be alone and have quality time to themselves and are able to for example go around and live a fantasy in a rpg. This is also fun with friends, I have many experiences of just relaxing and playing halo with some of my best bros over the internet. This allows use to compete and have fun from the comforts of our own homes and at the same time have a fun time together! Then there's those days where you want to feel like your on top of the world, the alpha dog. So you go online and compete against other players to see who's the best skilled gamer on the internet! There's so many reasons why gaming is fun and stress relieving but these are simple basics to why gaming is the ultimate fun with technology.
By

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I'd have to say it creates more stress especially with online gaming because you're dealing with; people that have slow connections, glitchers, lag switchers (SOCOM), cheaters, and god mode hacks on some games. There are videos of people throwing their controllers at their TV screens as well as people smashing their consoles to pieces after they sucked so bad in a game. So, I never quite understood the stress relieving aspect of gaming unless it's a game like Heavy Rain.

    You're right when you say it's the best in electronic entertainment because unlike movies the decisions you make is either life or death for you or a character in the story. I think that's what makes it so amazing. You can get so immersed into the game that it may at times blur reality and fantasy. Hm. That could be a bad thing to some.

    If you haven't tried it out yet, I suggest giving The Last of Us a playthrough. I simply couldn't put the controller down. The story of Joel is just too awsm. If you have played it, which part was your favorite? I went Rambo with Joel.

    V.Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  3. From person experience, I can say that it is very stress relieving. There is just something about living a fantasy adventure or being a super soldier that makes me at ease. But I have to agree that it can also cause stress, mainly due to connection and toxic players.

    - A. Walker

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the same experience when playing with my kids.-Russell Johnson

    ReplyDelete